Wednesday, June 26, 2013

 
So, DOMA has been overturned.  It is considered unconstitutional and the Federal Government (to include the military) is scrambling to recognize those that are already married.  And Facebook is bleeding with pro and anti gay marriage opinions.  Every other posting has something to do with it.  Personally, I'm glad it was overturned.  Now if the rest of the states would recognize it, that would be wonderful.  We are all equal in the eyes of the law and for those who are religious in the eyes of God as well.  This is not Animal Farm where some of us are more equal than others, though it sure feels like it sometimes.  Anyway, I'm happy for my son, I'm happy for his gay friends, I am happy for the gay community, and I'm happy that we can begin looking at homosexuality not as an aberration but rather as normal. 

2 comments:

Tony Rugare said...

Here! Here!

Institute for Internet Safety said...

Yes, I agree with you. We all just have to be happy for everyone. It's their life, let them do what they want. Happy living!