Tuesday, March 13, 2007

R2D2 takes a new job!


"I've placed information vital to the survival of the rebellion into the memory systems of this R2 unit."


I was surfing today, not really looking for anything in particular, but clicking on whatever happened to catch my interest at the time and I found this...what a fantastic use for our blue mailboxes. It will have StarWars fans flocking to mail anything that will hold a stamp. There may even be a run at the post office. Has a StarWars stamp been done yet? It should probably be next to promote these new mail storage units. Anyway, I found these as well as some more interesting Jedi stuff at the following websites:

From what I can surmise, these are being launched for the 30th anniversary of the original Star Wars release. It had to be pretty expensive to implement and I wonder how much George Lucas gave to the United States Post Office in order to have this done. It would be really great if people could buy them as I've a feeling they will be stolen right and left.

How did the whole StarWars search begin? My daughter asked me where I found "the Star Wars Cantina", a fun parody that hit the radio sometime in the early 90's when the original series was being rereleased. Mark Jonathan Davis wrote it but I don't know if it was really ever for sale in stores. I found the lyrics as well as the music at the Star Wars Cantina Site: http://members.aol.com/manitsas/
Click on cantina.wav and download the music, it's a hoot.

I'm supposed to be doing research on B&B's in Virginia, pricing rooms, seeing what amenities are available, etc., but this was a fun diversion that I wanted to share with all. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did...!




No comments: