Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Blank Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste!

I haven't posted in awhile but only because I could not think of a thing to write. Trying to follow my friend Tony's good example of keeping to the positive, I have had a difficult time finding good things of which to write. Not that there isn't a lot of good out there, I just can't seem to put it into words or think of it to begin with. My mind is blank, words are not available, thoughts do not coagulate. This is most frustrating and I can only blame springtime and pollen counts. Claritin is part of my daily diet and I believe it may be having an adverse effect on my thought processes, which were not acute to begin with but I've learned to live with that short-coming.

So here I sit, pondering a fairly blank screen and wondering what words should muddy the surface without sounding negative and biting. Arlen Spector is now a Democrat...President Obama has passed the 100 day mark....warm weather graced us for a short reprieve....grass is growing in my backyard....Mikey's parents gave him a Mohawk (oh that's right...I'm supposed to keep this positive so let's try that again)...Mikey's mom cut his hair...I'm learning to paint watercolor...and tomorrow is payday. Without going into detail of any of these things and therefore stirring up the bad as well as the good, I will leave it short and simple and focus on the positive. Thank you for setting such a good example, Tony!

1 comment:

Tony Rugare said...

I know how you feel. I've got blank mind flu also. Thought your post was great.