Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sunshine


After eleven straight days of rain, I am happy to announce the arrival of sunshine. I can hear George Harrison singing "Here comes the sun, doo-n-doo doo. Here comes the sun, and I say, it's alright". I always assumed that song was for Eskimos since they have so many months of darkness and the arrival of the lost and far away orb must be cause for celebration. I understand the ecstacy of feeling the warmth and seeing the bright rays after so much darkness. I. personally, will be celebrating the warm arrival today. Fertilizing, reseeding, washing of vehicles, sweeping decks, and building planters will occupy most of my afternoon, and I'm excited to be able to do all (or some) of these things. Isn't funny how the simplest things in life hold the most joy for the longest period of time. I hope you all have a wonderful sun shiney day!

No comments: