Saturday, May 4, 2013

Photo
I talked to my best friend today and feel absolutely riddled with guilt.  Why?  Because in the four years we've been friends, I have only blogged about her once yet I blog about everything else under the sun.  Maybe it's because I am selfish and want to keep the friendship close and personal, or maybe it's because I didn't blog for two of those years we've been buddies, but whatever the reason I want to make it up to her.  So let me introduce you to Tezza!

It was four years ago and I had recently left a bed and breakfast, where I worked, due to financial reasons, a relationship that suffered because of the B&B and financial reasons, and I found I had not really gotten over the fact that my husband of 25 years had left me.  I was living with my daughter and her husband and son in a little, tiny townhouse in Virginia.  The place was always a wreck.  It could be cleaned but still be a wreck because the baseboards were missing, the downstairs bathroom didn't work, the yard was a dump area, and the only help I received where trying to fix it was concerned was with Bub; but she put in 48 hours a week and was completely exhausted.  So I lived in this little blue bedroom while I took online classes and watched over Mikey, my precious grand and the light of my life.

About four months after I moved there, I started playing around with Facebook.  It occupied much of my free time as I explored it's many characteristics, one of which was games.  "The rainbow game" was the first thing I every played and consisted of a rainbow of which people stole and posted on their own wall.  Once you steal from one person, you keep checking back to see if they have it again.  If they do you steal it again.  I would feel guilty taking it so I always thanked them for the rainbow and wished them a happy day.  One of the people from whom I frequently stole the rainbow was Terri from Melbourne Australia.  And that's how the friendship began. 

It's been four years and so much has happened between us.  We met each others families through Messenger, where we learned to video chat.  We shared everything from our labor pains to our menstrual cycles and whatever was in between.  There were no secrets between us and we continue to have that same kind of relationship today.

Another woman joined our inner circle, Cathy from Washington State and I was blessed to have them both at my house in September of 2011.  Cathy was there for a week, Terri was there for three, and what a wonderful time we had touring D.C., and traveling up and down the east cost....and we continue to have fun like that making plans for when we see one another again.

So I want to say, Happy Anniversary Tezza.  Hope to see you in your neck of the woods in October/November.  Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: