Thursday, May 30, 2013

Went outside to water my plants and I found something special in my begonias.  I didn't see the bird anywhere and I know this wasn't there yesterday.  I don't know much about birds and their eggs, but shouldn't these have a grown up sitting on them and keeping them warm?  I almost hope it has been abandoned as I have a cat who loves to torture smaller animals.  He's outside in the back right now.  Luckily the cat is terrified of other animals his size and bigger so he's pretty much staying put away from the begonia's and hiding out back as the warm weather has brought out everyone and they all seem to be walking down our street.  Whatever is going on with the nest, I will keep my eye on it and try to keep the cat away from it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I came home this afternoon and found the nest occupied....very exciting!
Can't tell what kind of bird yet, but I'll let you all know.