Sunday, March 15, 2009

10 Things About Me...in Music Titles

(Image courtesy of Miss Fipi Lele)

Because I really am trying to begin focusing on the positive aspects of my life, I decided to write something that would lift my spirits, so to speak. I sat here with my face in the palms of my hands giving my mind free access to wander at will across the years, over the cloudy residues of the past. It stopped in Mr. Hincher's 9th Grade math class.

Mr Hincher was THE most boring teacher in the world. The nicest man you could ever meet with a vivacious wife and two precious children that I would babysit for whenever they needed me, but dead boring. He was an accountant who should never have decided to teach math to ANYONE, let alone high school students. (Can you see where this is going?) So there I was in his class learning to....you got it...graph.

I have no idea how long I was there, but the experience made me want to poke out my eyes. So instead of focusing on something positive, I shall tax my musical skills and try something creative. Coming up with songs or song titles for 10 things about me. I hope you enjoy this because it should be a fun list to produce!

1. Me: Crazy by Patsy Cline
2. Favorite color: Yellow by Coldplay
3. Favorite vacation: Spanish Moon by Little Feat
4. Biggest disappointment: D-I-V-O-R-C-E by Tammy Wynette
5. Biggest success: Kids from Bye Bye Birdie
6. Best friend: Don't Stop by Fleetwood Mac
7. Favorite Past-time: Love in Vain by Eric Clapton
8. Adulthood: Time to Pretend by MGMT
9. Family: Hard to Handle by Grateful Dead
10. Childhood: Somewhere Over the Rainbow from The Wizard of Oz or Yesterday by the Beatles

2 comments:

Tony Rugare said...

I'm showing my age I can't get past #10

Unknown said...

I know you have yet to experience the wonders of the IPod, but I was lucky enough to get one from my children for my birthday last year. My daughter doesn't have one yet either so I download her music onto mine as well (it holds a massive library) so she can listen to it too. One of my favorite pasttimes is actually to explore the IPod store library. I have really expanded my own musical taste because of it.