Sunday, March 15, 2009

Who would have thought?

I never would have suspected that Algebra and Nutritional Science would be the final culprits. I won't blame it entirely on school, I mean I had a lot going downhill before these classes, but I believe they have pushed me over the edge and I'm free falling into the no zone. Can someone please explain to me why I, at 50 years of age, need to know how to graph x and y? Isn't it enough that I just figure out what they are? My eyes are bad and I can barely see the graph on the computer that needs my input. I'm off by one number every time, damn my eyes. I bet Marty Feldman had better vision than I do, but his eyes were bigger and jutting 6 inches out of his face so EVERYTHING was closer.

Nutritional science I get, it's just got a lot of research, which I don't seem to have time to do considering I spend every free moment trying to do these freaking graphs. (See, this is what happens when you start getting over confident...the "egg on your face" gods set you back on the humble track.)

I think I need sleep. Except when I sleep I dream about Algebra. Isn't it bad enough that I have to do it during the day, but at night too? Why didn't I finish college when I still had working grey cells?

Calgon (or Sam Elliott) take me away!

2 comments:

Tony Rugare said...

Algebra is good for the grey cells, Hang in there!

Erin O'Brien said...

Sam Elliot?

purrrrrr

Now I won't be able to think of one other thing the entire day!