Thursday, March 5, 2009

Jon Stewart is THE MAN!

I don't follow television regularly. Though I have a set in my room, it is there for dvd's as it is not connected to the dish or cable. And because I spend most of my time up here when the baby is down for a nap or his parents are home, I have weened myself of the necessity of daily visual overstimulation that having a television set on constantly supplies. When I do have the opportunity to peruse what may be airing, the television is usually set to something more focused toward toddlers than adults, so it becomes a background grey noise rather than food for thought. Alas, how lucky I was to be channel surfing today whilst the baby was being entertained by his mother. I ran across a rerun of a most entertaining bit of...well, you decide.

The Daily Show has always been a favorite of mine. The manner in which Jon Stewart disects the news and newsmakers is comically, yet painfully honest and forthright. And his recent mastication of Rick Santelli is a high point of this type of comedic blindsiding. Jason Linkins, of the Huffington Report, wrote a commentary as he too was impressed by Stewart's verbal gauntlet to CNBC. He, Linkins, went so far as to say "Stewart eviscerated CNBC". And he was not kidding.

Hopefully I have whetted your appetite for a little "Stewart-ship". Enjoy!


1 comment:

Tony Rugare said...

I saw that show and I agree that he did a job on CNBC and rightfully so.