Thursday, February 26, 2009

Go for your yearly and Get the flu!


Why is it when a perfectly healthy person goes to the doctor for a physical, the result is usually something that death would alleviate? Why don't doctors have a separate office and lab space for people who are healthy and don't need to be exposed to everything from a mere cough to pneumonia.

Last week I go for my regular and, of course, they need urine and blood. I was careful in regards to what I touched, where I sat, and how close I stood. I was armed with my Mr. Monk antibacterial wipes and thought I was safe from contamination. WRONG! I spent the entire night on my knees praying to the porcelean god of vomitusion and he paid no heed to my dire requests to cease and desist. I must say that the whole thing only lasted 12 hours though it felt much, much longer. My headache still persists on sticking around but it is much more appreciated than those other symptoms. And I think I lost five pounds!

Maybe this was a virus sent to me via internet from my good friend Niki! And I was hoping she was feeling better.....hmmmmm.

1 comment:

Tony Rugare said...

Sounds like nasty stuff. Glad you are feeling better. Thanks for the cliche link,