Tuesday, March 12, 2013



I dreamed about my mother again last night. She has been a large part of my nocturnal visions this entire week.  Sometimes she's in her 30's or 40's and sometimes she's 90 plus, which is very strange since she died before she hit 80.  Last night we were in a living room, similar to the one in Beaufort only bigger with higher ceilings.  She was very old but wanted new curtains and we were looking at fabric.  I remember the colors green, pink, pale blue, and amber.  I also remember her putting her hand on mine and thinking, "when did your hands get so old?"  But most of all, I also remember feeling safe when she touched me... then I awakened.

It is amazing how one's mind works while in an unconscious state.  The way it takes little forays into the past and mingles it with the present.  What causes these images to appear in our subconscious?  Is it the spirits of these past lives that come to invade our dreams, letting us know, in some way, that they are still with us?

Sometimes I dream about my ex-husband.  I used to be crying and screaming, but anymore it's him coming back to me and leaving again and me feeling very relieved.  It is funny because I rarely think about him when I'm awake unless it's to catch a glimpse of him in my son's face.

I would like to know what all these strange visions mean.  I have read that water has to do with emotions and what the water looks like is what you are dealing with at the moment; ie. muddy water is unclear emotions, calm waters are calm emotions, etc.  It is also stated in several dream interpretations websites that dreaming of "mother" is in direct correlation with nurturing.  This may be true because I have been the caregiver for Angelo this last six months and I have always had a nurturing soul.  But I am uncertain as to the real reasons why we dreams specific things.  What I do know is I miss my mother very much, especially now, and I look forward to our nightly visits.  I almost want to go to sleep early just so that I may see her again

No comments: