Friday, March 22, 2013

 
I needed a few things at the store today, one thing being tall kitchen garbage bags.  Since Angelo had sixteen (slight exaggeration but not much of one) boxes of these when I moved in here, I haven't had the need to purchase these items.  So, now needing them, I went to the aisle where these are located....and they take up almost an entire aisle.......

There were so many.  All I wanted was a box of tall kitchen garbage bags and I was almost overwhelmed with the variety.  Not only are there the store brands, and some unusual "green" brands, but the two major players, Hefty and Glad had, themselves, beaucoup from which to choose.  You could get the kind that kill odors, get those with draw strings, the ones that tie, the ones that use twist-ties, the ones that have "flex-shield", the ones that are stronger with less plastic (hmmmmm), the "force flex" with "Fabreeze", and that's not even looking at how many comes in a box.  Lordy, these things are in every size and amount possible without having and entire store dedicated to tall kitchen garbage bags.  

I must have stood there five minutes, in a quandary.  Finally, I settled on Hefty Odor Block Bags in a box of 78.  Why Hefty?  Hell if I know.  Maybe it was because of the commercial "heffa heffa hefty".  Or maybe it was because they are unscented with an odor block.  (But truth be told, they still smell of plastic.)  Most likely it was because they were the biggest box of trash can liners I could find.  So, I bought three boxes because I sure as hell didn't want to go through this anytime again soon!  Now I understand why Angelo had so many when I arrived here!


3 comments:

Tony Rugare said...

Nice post!

Erin O'Brien said...

Nice post indeed. I can surely empathize with the hellish experience of the papaer/plastics aisle.

The dish/laundry detergent aisle will often stymie me as well.

help.

Bina Simon said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
cheap skip bins brisbane
skip bins ipswich