Saturday, April 20, 2013




I have been on my diet for two weeks now, seriously dieting I mean.  Counting those calories, watching my food intake, exercising, staying away from those things I crave like wine and chocolate and all other sweet things known to man.  I have had a few glasses of wine, but only a glass or two a week.  For those that know me that's a real sacrifice especially when I used to drink two glasses daily.  And now that the weather is warming, I'm really missing having my wine on the porch at the end of the day.  I've lost 10 pounds and want to continue having the fat melt away, but at what sacrifice?  I have increased my walk to four laps....maybe I should push it to five so I can appease my cravings, or maybe I should just walk five laps and hope that more pounds fall off without taking those extra glasses of wine a night.  I mean, if I were at my ideal weight, I could exercise more to justify my alcoholic intake, but until I get there, these sacrifices must be made.....but oh how I miss my wine.  Okay, today I'll do some extra exercise and have a glass of wine.  After all, I deserve it and it IS the weekend, so why not.  Because it sets me back in the weight loss department.  Oh the dilemma.  No, it's settled, I'm having a glass, and yes, I am whining about wine~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

One glass just makes you wish you had another one and I'm not walking anymore today.....guess I'll have to be satisfied with what I had or continue whining!

Tony Rugare said...

One more for the road