Monday, April 15, 2013


What a gorgeous day for a walk!  There is a slight breeze in the air which kept me cool as I increased my pace.  Three loops around the neighborhood; a 35 minute walk if I walk fast.  I've put together a great playlist that moves me along....everything from Huey Lewis and the News to Lady Gaga, all upbeat songs that motivate me to really move my feet and expand my stride.

I passed a man looking at trees in the woods....he made me a bit nervous until I realized he works for the development.  He was probably scoping out to see which trees were damaged in the storms this winter.  It was strange seeing him on his hands and knees crawling around in the brush and shrubbery.  He finally crawled out from under a bush and looked kind of sheepish at me.  I shook my head and kept walking.

I also passed two women as they ambled along with their baby carriages, talking a mile a minute.  They appeared to be talking at the same time and I couldn't tell who was listening to whom.  The second time we passed one another they seemed to have paced themselves; one spoke while the other listened.  Of course I couldn't tell what they were saying with the earphones plugged into my head.  For all I know they were saying, "look at that crazy lady bee-bopping down the street to the beat of the drums in her head!"  I smiled and waved as I passed.

My neighbor came outside but I kept my distance.  She can talk my ear off and I had another lap to go so I smiled really big and waved even bigger then I turned my head and started walking faster.  I hope she didn't find me rude, she's really a lovely lady, even if she is a bit lonely, and I do enjoy our little chats.

Finishing my last lap I realized that I wasn't tired like I usually am at the end of these walks.  Maybe it's time to add another lap, maybe it was the time of day that I walked (I usually head out first thing in the morning), or maybe it's that the birds were singing and the squirrels were frolicking in the branches.  I sat on my porch for a few minutes enjoying the day.  But I have things to do, dinner to cook, and a shower to take.  It's spaghetti and meatballs, which I cooked earlier.  Now I just have to make the sauce...but a shower first (I have my priorities, note I jumped on here first!)....so until next time, enjoy the spring!