Saturday, April 27, 2013


I must admit that the more I see of what is going on in America as well as overseas where terrorism is concerned, and as much as I do NOT see their own countrymen denouncing these acts of violence against "infidels", the more I am pigeonholing the Muslim population.  This is very sad to say as I once lived in Muslim nations that welcomed me into their families.  We ate together, danced together, laughed together, and cried together.  Yet the terrorism and the hate against Western civilization grows and I see no end of it in sight.  Our own countrymen of Muslim background are now acting against us, setting off bombs in crowded locations and to what end?  What do they hope to achieve?

I was reading some things on Facebook today and saw a quote by a young Arab woman.  Yasirajaan said, "Muslims view "Islamic" terrorists the same way Christians view the Westboro Baptist Church..."  I guess Muslims find them to be an annoyance.  But the last time I looked, the Westboro Baptist church didn't set off a bomb in front of a synagog or drive jet airliners into tall buildings because it's in a country that they do not like.  Terrorists are not annoyances....they are terrorists!

What I would like to see is an Arab Nation, such as Saudi Arabia, or Jordan, get on the television and denounce these people.  Then I would like to see them take action against them, help us ferret them out and deal with them accordingly.  I know that if these "terrorists" were plotting against the King Abdullah, he would have them killed, in a public square, beheaded or hung, for all to see.  Yet I see none of this.  I see complacency.  I don't even see annoyance!  And hence, I begin to pigeonhole.  To question the beliefs of the Muslim population, to be cynical and damnatory of their interpretation of the Koran, and fear the spread of a religion that allows terrorism to rule the world.  And I hate this in me....I hate hating but I feel my hands are tied as well as my heart!

No comments: