Wednesday, April 10, 2013

 
No, these are not my feet, but my scale tells me the same thing.  So did my doctor!  As well as prescribe everything from blood work to a mammogram and colonoscopy.  I'm also having a scope down my throat to check for damage from acid reflux as well as an exam to check my bone density since osteoporosis runs in my family.   The great news is I've got an excellent ticker!  I'm just OVERWEIGHT.  The doctor said I need to lose at least 25 pounds.  (The same thing I've been telling myself but I am actually listening to the doctor.)  The good news is, I've lost 5 since I went to the hospital last week.  I know, five pounds in a week is a lot, but believe me, I'm fat and the first of the pounds falls off...it's the last 10 that's the killer.  Anyway, I've loaded some apps onto my phone to help motivate me.  They work together, a calorie counter and an exercise counter....this should be easy if I can stick to it.  It's the sticking to it that's hard, but, at least for today, I've been eating healthy, counting those calories (1750 a day) and exercising.  Ask me in a week if I'm still motivated!!!

No comments: