Saturday, April 27, 2013



Just got back from a three and a half mile trek around the neighborhood.  So far I've lost 13 pounds and seem to be stuck at that weight which is terribly frustrating.  I keep telling myself that I'm getting muscles which weigh more than fat, but it's still exasperating.  Angelo has noticed a change in my body; stomach smaller, butt smaller, posture better, legs thinner, so I suppose I should be very happy with the way things are.  It's just so infuriating to walk and sit-up and squat until your muscles scream the have nothing weight wise to show for it.  I have upped my walk to five laps which is 3.3 miles and can be done in about 50 minutes.  Now that the weather is better there is so much to see.  Mothers walking with babies, small kids on bikes, people walking their dogs, green leaves finally budding from the trees, flowers in bloom, pollen on every surface known to man.  Luckily I am not bothered by this, I'm only bothered by being stuck at 187 pounds for a week!  I keep telling myself "patience woman; after all it took you months to get this big and it will take you months to lose it." 

1 comment:

Nance said...

Holy crap! Thirteen pounds is NOT nothing! That's terrific. I have been a slug all winter and need to get out and walk every day and be much more consistently active. I am definitely marshmallowy.

Your resolve and your results make me feel ashamed.